Head Teacher’s Welcome
Welcome to our website; my name is Sarah Kemp-Powell, headteacher of the school. At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School empowered by the example of Christ, we strive to promote the education and development of our children in an atmosphere of love and mutual respect, and by so doing:
- Encourage each person to see themselves as a valued member of a wider community who can act independently and make a positive contribution for the good of all.
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder in God and in creation by giving opportunities to take a full conscious and active part in Christian celebration.
- Create self-discipline through an awareness of the consequences of our actions, so as to nurture positive behaviour, secure in the knowledge of forgiveness.
- Provide each child with access to all areas of the curriculum and supporting them to fulfil their individual level of achievement and acquire a thirst for knowledge.
- Impart a joy and value to the treasured gift of learning.